Amazingly, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Arizona kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to shop around.
The recommended way to get budget Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Chandler is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell insurance in Arizona.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations and poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for more details to help prevent expensive coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Chandler. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details such as what your job is, daily mileage, whether you drive to work or school, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your rating data is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Earn discounts on Chandler insurance
Some providers don’t always list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a safe driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current C-Max Hybrid insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Chandler auto insurance online.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view companies with the best Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance discounts in Chandler, click here to view.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Chandler.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Chandler who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Chandler?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- If my Ford C-Max Hybrid is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
Save money by having responsible credit – Having a good credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit rating could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Ford C-Max Hybrid if you clean up your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
Do thieves like your car? – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of companies allow a discount to customers that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Liability insurance – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the protection if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Teenage vs. experienced drivers – Beginning drivers in Arizona are proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles – Insurers use claims history when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford C-Max Hybrid vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford C-Max Hybrid||99||92||95||94||89||100|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance in Arizona serves several purposes
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. More affordable auto insurance in Chandler can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
We’ve covered many ideas to find cheap Ford C-Max Hybrid insurance in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Government Employees in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)