A recent car insurance study discovered that almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Many consumers in Chandler can cut their rates by as much as 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Chandler is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Arizona.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a low credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though Chandler 2 insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Mazda but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Mazda gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable Chandler car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Chandler auto insurance depending on your company.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and pay-in-full.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, early bird, good driver, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-theft, federal employee, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings may not be offered everywhere.
Should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Chandler who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a company should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Chandler?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Chandler are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler that can give you rate quotes.
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Chandler that can give you comparison quotes.
Sunvalley Insurance (Agency)
4960 S Gilbert Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85249 – (480) 626-7218 – View Map
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your 2 resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your 2 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, court costs, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Mazda 2.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits, pain medications, X-ray expenses and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Be persistent and save
We just presented a lot of techniques to save on Mazda 2 insurance in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective Mazda 2 insurance can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about insurance is available in the articles below:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)