Would you like to save money by finding cheaper Mercury Sable insurance in Chandler? Are you drained from scraping the payment together to insure your Mercury every month? Your situation is no different than many other Arizona consumers.
It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare rates once a year are inclined to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your ultimate target, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for coverages can save time and make the process easier. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is difficult to ignore the propaganda and find the best price available.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes every six months because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you got the best price on Mercury Sable insurance in Chandler a year ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Sable insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some proven techniques to save money.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Chandler is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Smart buyers just have to use the proper methods to compare different rates online from multiple companies.
Most companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices directly from their websites. This process is easy for anyone as all you need to do is type in your personal and coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, the system requests information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. Quoting online for Mercury Sable insurance in Chandler makes comparing rates easy, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to get lower-cost rates.
If you want to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for similar coverage.
The following companies offer free quotes in Chandler, AZ. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Chandler, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mercury Sable in Chandler, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercury Sable, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercury at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Mercury as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Don’t neglect these eight money saving discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in high school.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will lower the amount you pay for coverage.
A few companies who may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in Chandler, click this link.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is still important in Chandler.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Chandler that can give you free Chandler car insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents in Chandler are considered either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can handle car insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Chandler who can help you get pricing information.
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler that can give you comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Michael Pinta Agency Inc.
5505 W Chandler Blvd Ste 19 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 785-1500 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Car insurance coverages for a Mercury Sable
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like falling objects, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The most your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercury Sable.
Since many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your Sable resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Sable to bring the cost down.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, hospital visits and surgery. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like medical services, attorney fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Cheaper coverage is out there
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Lower-priced Mercury Sable insurance in Chandler is possible on the web and with local Chandler insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding more affordable Mercury Sable insurance in Chandler
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for Mercury Sable insurance in Chandler is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Read about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One thing to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)