It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who shop for lower prices are inclined to switch car insurance companies because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on Nissan Leaf insurance in Chandler is your goal, then having an understanding of how to compare insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable Nissan Leaf insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Chandler.
- Try to comprehend how car insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for the details to find cheap prices and find missing discounts.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Chandler. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One piece of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
You may qualify for discounts for Nissan Leaf insurance in Chandler
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- No Claim Discounts – Chandler drivers who stay claim-free pay less as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Chandler Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Nissan Leaf insurance in Chandler.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Chandler car insurance with select insurance companies.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some companies that may have most of the discounts above are:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view insurers with significant discounts in Chandler, click here.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Chandler, AZ. In order to find cheap car insurance in Chandler, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Chandler Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. It translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Youthful drivers in Arizona have a tendency to be less responsible with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a beginning driver to your policy can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Gender and insurance coverage costs – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Women and men get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Urban residents pay more – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates. Drivers in populated Arizona areas have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Lower premiums for safer vehicles – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Nissan is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up – If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Arizona give cheaper rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability coverage – Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Nissan Leaf insurance loss probability – Companies use statistical claims data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the loss history for Nissan Leaf vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Nissan Leaf Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Leaf Electric 89 84 45 83 64 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Arizona?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- If my Nissan Leaf is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Chandler insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Chandler.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching a local Chandler insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many write coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Chandler who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- Sean Paul Insurance Agency
333 N Dobson Rd #160 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 525-8846 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance, Inc.
369 S Arizona Ave – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 821-3772 – View Map
- Southwind Ins Agency, Inc.
2169 E Warner Rd Suite 103 – Tempe, AZ 85284 – (480) 543-1797 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent mostly because of the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler that can give you rate quotes.
- State Farm: Grady Hansen
1807 E Queen Creek Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 883-7997 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: John D Donadio Insurance Agency
1727 N Arizona Ave #9 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 382-1570 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Craig Lloyd
1801 W Queen Creek Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85248 – (480) 899-8549 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How long have they been in business?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Chandler?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
After getting acceptable answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Arizona and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, car insurance preserves not only your Nissan but also your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Chandler car insurance companies
Selecting a good quality insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Arizona. The company rank data displayed below may help you decide which companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Do the work, save more money
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Low-cost Nissan Leaf insurance in Chandler is definitely available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information is located at the links below
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Chandler Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Acadia in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Active Military in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)