Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many drivers in the United States could save themselves nearly 47% a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The most effective way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Chandler.
- Try to learn about policy coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for information to prevent rate hikes and earn larger discounts.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper G8 coverage is available in Chandler. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Chandler is not that difficult. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the techniques presented in this article. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Just remember that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Not every company does online price quotes, so you also need to get price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Chandler, AZ, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Chandler, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Pontiac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your G8 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $825 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower rates.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more you drive every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your G8 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- File claims and pay more – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies in Arizona award lower rates to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my Pontiac G8 covered if I use it for business?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
How to find a good Arizona auto insurance company
Buying coverage from a highly-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Chandler. The information in the lists below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
When you buy Chandler car insurance online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Low-cost Pontiac G8 insurance in Chandler can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Chandler Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)