It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Chandler is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year are highly likely to move their business because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $860 a year compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Chandler is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time and money.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your rates using this information. Finding affordable car insurance coverage in Chandler can initially seem challenging. But Arizona car owners benefit from understanding how insurance companies price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. To buy the best car insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons auto insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Solstice in Chandler, insurance is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Solstice has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Solstice definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheap Pontiac Solstice insurance in Chandler with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount when getting a Chandler auto insurance quote.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 get Chandler auto insurance over the internet.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Pontiac could earn substantially lower premium rates.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for driver training, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, and vehicle fuel type.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for good student, ease of repair, professional/association, location of vehicle, multi-policy, accident-free, and annual mileage.
- GEICO may have discounts that include military active duty, defensive driver, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- AAA may offer discounts for education and occupation, good driver, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, accident-free, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Chandler that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
After getting good feedback to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an provider that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind you can terminate coverage any time you want so don’t assume you are locked into a policy with no way to switch.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arizona?
- Is my Pontiac Solstice covered if I use it for business?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Arizona car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the best company is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Chandler. The company ratings shown below could help you decide which insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Quote more and you will save more
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Pontiac Solstice insurance prices in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
As you quote Chandler auto insurance, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Edge in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)