Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Saturn Sky insurance in Chandler is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies in Arizona.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Sky insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $1,600, Arizona drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Eight Things That Determine Your Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand some of the things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings. Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine your premiums.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Lots of insurers will give a discount to people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- A coverage lapse is a bad thing – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Safer cars mean better premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful job? – Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and miners tend to have higher premium rates because of stressful work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, careers like scientists, engineers and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- The type of vehicle you drive affects your costs – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Small economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Your car’s features help determine prices – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Arizona award the lowest premiums to people who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- How credit score affects auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Saturn Sky by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
Getting a cheaper price on Saturn Sky insurance is not rocket science. The only requirement is to spend a little time comparing free Chandler auto insurance quotes to see which company has cheaper Chandler auto insurance quotes.
It’s so easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to physically go to insurance agencies in your area. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap car insurance in Chandler, we suggest you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Saturn Sky in Chandler, insuring your vehicle is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at least once a year to save money.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Chandler auto insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Chandler auto insurance depending on your company.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, multiple policy, anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple autos, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, homeowner, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO has savings for military active duty, seat belt use, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, accident-free, bundled insurance, good student, and early bird.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, easy pay, good student, family plan, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state. To choose auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Chandler, click this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Chandler insurance agency
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this short form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Chandler who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t even need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Chandler can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Chandler who may provide you with comparison quotes.
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below are independent agents in Chandler that are able to give rate quotes.
Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
Quote often and quote early
Budget-conscious Saturn Sky insurance can be purchased on the web and with local Chandler insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to lower your Saturn Sky insurance rates in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Chandler auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Chandler auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for State Employees in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)