It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. People who rate shop once a year are likely to switch auto insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who routinely shopped around saved over $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Chandler is why you’re here, then knowing how to find and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced Saturn Astra insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Chandler.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as inattentive driving and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides tips to prevent high prices and earn larger discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Take advantage of these price cutting discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply.
- Paperless Signup – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Astra insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Chandler car insurance online.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-theft, daytime running lights, military active duty, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including economy car, good student, defensive driver, premier plus, eSmart discount, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, multi-car, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, driver training, safe driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, online signing, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Chandler, click here to view.
It’s important to know that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Not every company does Chandler Astra insurance quotes online, so you need to compare rates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Chandler, AZ. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Chandler, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels. Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are a few of the things companies use to determine your premiums.
- Where you reside can influence prices – Choosing to live in a rural area has definite advantages when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
- Prevent theft and lower premiums – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop car theft.
- You might have higher prices if you are single – Having a significant other may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Driver age impacts costs – Older people are more cautious drivers, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- No claims equals better prices – Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give lower rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Drive less and get lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Saturn in a year the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Astra may be wasting your money. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct usage.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – There are a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower premiums with uninterrupted coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to pay more for car insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in Chandler.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Chandler that give free quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Below are agents in Chandler that may be willing to give price quotes for Saturn Astra insurance in Chandler.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
Why you need Saturn vehicle insurance in Arizona
Despite the potentially high cost of Saturn Astra insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Astra with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Saturn at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Chandler is wasting up to $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable rates are available
Budget-friendly car insurance in Chandler is definitely available both online and from local agencies, so get free Chandler car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of ways to compare Saturn Astra insurance auto insurance rates in Chandler. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at these sites:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Acadia in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)