It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates annually saved an average of $850 each year as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Subaru BRZ insurance in Chandler is your ultimate goal, knowing how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can save time and make the process easier.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to quote cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Chandler.
- Get a basic knowledge of coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for ideas to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to place the new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to analyze every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
This information will tell you the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. If you are already insured, you will be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Drivers only have to learn the best way to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
How to get free Subaru BRZ insurance quotes online
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Chandler, AZ. To locate cheap auto insurance in Chandler, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Why you need Subaru vehicle insurance in Arizona
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Subaru BRZ in Chandler, buying car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will require that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Subaru for a much higher rate and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap Subaru BRZ insurance quotes in Chandler
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best car insurance rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same car insurance company qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
We need to note that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, good driver, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for good student, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- Travelers has discounts for IntelliDrive, early quote, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, and save driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, air bag, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, and driver training.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-theft, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
If you need the cheapest Subaru BRZ rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Savings may not be offered in Chandler. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Subaru BRZ insurance quotes in Arizona, click here to view.
Insurance quotes from local Chandler insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agencies is still important in Chandler.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you need to find local Chandler agents, you should know the types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they can quote policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you need to include rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler who may provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler that are able to give price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Michael Pinta Agency Inc.
5505 W Chandler Blvd Ste 19 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 785-1500 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Chandler?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 15/30/10 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, loss of income, emergency aid, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Subaru BRZ.
Since many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your BRZ caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible on your BRZ in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses like surgery, doctor visits, pain medications and nursing services. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, a broken windshield, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The information shown next could help you select which auto insurers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Chandler Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
When getting Chandler auto insurance quotes online, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Subaru BRZ insurance in Chandler can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Good Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Chandler Car Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)