The best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Chandler. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover instructions to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who compare other prices are likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on Suzuki Aerio insurance is your goal, then knowing how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
Cheapest companies for Suzuki Aerio insurance in Arizona
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Chandler, AZ, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Save money with these eight discounts
Some companies do not list all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous auto insurance savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Club Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a Chandler auto insurance quote.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Chandler and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Some of the larger companies who may offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area. For a list of auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Arizona, click here.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my Suzuki Aerio?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How high should deductibles be on a Suzuki Aerio?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my Suzuki Aerio covered if I use it for business?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
A small number of people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Chandler who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Different types of Chandler auto insurance agents
When looking for a local Chandler insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Chandler can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Chandler exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you include a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below are Chandler independent insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
Boudreaux, Jerrold Arizona Insurance SVC
393 W Warner Rd # 117 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 890-7900 – View Map
Car insurance coverages for a Suzuki Aerio
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, medical services, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Arizona drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (15/30/10 in Arizona), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Aerio resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible on your Aerio to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, funeral costs, nursing services and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Find cheap rates by comparing often
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to get a better price on Suzuki Aerio insurance in Chandler. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)