Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Toyota Camry insurance in Chandler is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Arizona.
- First, learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. View companies
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s hard to believe, but most car insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Chandler insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the tips covered below. The intent of this article is to instruct you on how to compare rates easily and some money-saving tips. Although Arizona vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
To find affordable Toyota Camry insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many different Arizona insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that quoting more helps you find better pricing.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Arizona. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in Chandler, AZ, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Toyota Camry insurance discounts in Chandler
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before being credited.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best insurance rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- College Student – Kids living away from Chandler attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive Toyota Camry insurance in Chandler.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Toyota Camry auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, anti-theft, and multiple autos.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- 21st Century may include discounts for student driver, early bird, air bags, homeowners, 55 and older, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to view companies who offer free Toyota Camry insurance quotes in Chandler, click here.
Toyota Camry insurance rates and statistics
The data table displayed below covers estimates of insurance rates for Toyota Camry models. Having a good grasp of how policy rates are calculated is important for making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage prices greatly.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact Toyota Camry yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Camry annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Toyota Camry claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $200 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Informed Drivers Can Save Money
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help determine your insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Having a spouse is a bonus – Having a significant other actually saves money when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Filing insurance claims can cost you more – Insurance companies in Arizona award the best rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Teenage drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be more careless when driving so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure so it costs more to insure them.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Raising coverage deductibles lowers prices – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Toyota. Some coverage claims are a dented fender, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Insurance losses for a Toyota Camry – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates.
The table below outlines the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Camry vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Toyota Camry Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying from local agencies is still important in Chandler.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents in Chandler are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Chandler that can possibly get you price quote information.
- Legacy Insurance and Investment Group LLC
633 E Ray Rd #106 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 968-3655 – View Map
- Poothills Insurance
4221 E Chandler Blvd # 119 – Phoenix, AZ 85048 – (480) 759-1970 – View Map
- Independent Insurance Agent
5165 S Eileen Dr – Chandler, AZ 85248 – (480) 220-7233 – View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Chandler who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Peter Fenton
287 E Frye Rd #3 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 351-0629 – View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
912 W Chandler Blvd – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 284-4223 – View Map
- State Farm: Grady Hansen
1807 E Queen Creek Rd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85286 – (480) 883-7997 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Low-cost Toyota Camry insurance in Chandler can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to compare Toyota Camry insurance car insurance rates in Chandler. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Chandler Car Insurance for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Nurses in Chandler? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)