It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who compare rates once a year will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates annually saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Chandler is why you’re here, then having a good understanding the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
The easiest way to find affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Chandler.
- Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more information to get lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
The Ford Five Hundred Insurance Rate Equation
Many things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that are used to determine insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
Older drivers pay less – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Safer occupants lowers rates – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The best insurance prices tend to be for smaller low performance passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Get hitched and pay lower rates – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money compared to being single. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurance companies apply lower prices to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Where do you drive? – The more miles you rack up on your Ford annually the higher your rate. Almost all companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Five Hundred can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
Liability coverage – Liability coverage will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Method – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance rates in Chandler.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military could mean lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Auto insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Five Hundred may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for youthful driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, alternative fuel, distant student, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
- GEICO has savings for driver training, federal employee, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts including early bird, good student, air bags, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, defensive driving, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you quote Chandler auto insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for Ford Five Hundred insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Chandler auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much are Chandler Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)