It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are inclined to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved on average $860 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in Chandler is the reason for your visit, understanding how to choose a company and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to get budget Nissan Altima insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Chandler.
- Try to learn a little about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
When looking for low cost Chandler auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from many auto insurance companies in Arizona. The best method to find cheaper Nissan Altima rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to all the different Chandler insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible find lower rates online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Chandler, AZ. If you want the cheapest car insurance in Chandler, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Determine discounts to get cheap Chandler car insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few need to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a slight reduction on a Chandler auto insurance quote.
- Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Chandler may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Altima insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
To view insurers with the best Nissan Altima insurance discounts in Chandler in Chandler, click this link.
Nissan Altima insurance charts and tables
The rate information displayed below showcases estimates of insurance rates for Nissan Altima models. Knowing how auto insurance premiums are calculated can help customers make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$396||$288||$18||$86||$990||$83|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$466||$288||$18||$86||$1,060||$88|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$466||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$466||$326||$20||$98||$1,138||$95|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$466||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$538||$326||$20||$98||$1,210||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Nissan Altima premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule of when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan Altima book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
How Insurers Determine Nissan Altima Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Your career may increase premiums – Jobs like military generals, executives, and miners have higher rates than average attributed to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations like professors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
- Commute or pleasure use – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Altima may be costing you higher rates.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can add up on your Altima policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- A good credit score can save money – An insured’s credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Altima by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Nissan Altima insurance claim data – Companies use historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher premium rates. The data below shows the collected loss data for Nissan Altima vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Altima Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Altima 110 97 119 144 147 114BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you can get lower prices but also keep your business local. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Chandler.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Chandler can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Chandler that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Chandler willing to provide price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Chandler should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is there a local claims center in Chandler?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How many years have they been established?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that will properly service your insurance policy.
More effort can pay off
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Nissan Altima insurance in Chandler. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Nissan Altima rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Nissan Altima insurance in Chandler can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so get free Chandler auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Chandler? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)