It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding better rates. A survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $860 a year compared to policyholders who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Chandler is your ultimate objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to shop for insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The best way to find low-cost prices for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Chandler is to regularly compare quotes from different companies that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a bad credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for the details to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Chandler insurance discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some need to be inquired about before being credited.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn cheaper prices.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
The majority of larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm provide prices for coverage from their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the quote form. When complete, their quoting system pulls your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Chandler makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a better rate.
To save time and compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will be getting rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most affordable price.
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What is the minimum liability in Arizona?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Chandler who want to provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Picking a company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Best auto insurance agent in Chandler
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Chandler can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Chandler that can give you comparison quotes.
- Tammy White – State Farm Insurance Agent
610 N Alma School Rd #22 – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-7007 – View Map
- Steve Haase – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 N Chippewa Pl – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 963-0261 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Joe Baselice
5355 W Chandler Blvd #8 – Chandler, AZ 85226 – (480) 940-0909 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you compare prices from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Chandler that can give you price quote information.
- 1st Choice Insurance
2500 N Alma School Rd – Chandler, AZ 85224 – (480) 855-7000 – View Map
- Taylor Insurance Agency
920 W Chandler Blvd #1 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 264-6226 – View Map
- Oasis Insurance
1200 N Arizona Ave #3 – Chandler, AZ 85225 – (480) 782-9202 – View Map
Three reasons to insure your Lexus vehicle
Despite the high cost, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your IS 200t, almost every bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Lexus IS 200t but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hail damage, vandalism, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, bail bonds, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus IS 200t.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like hospital visits, funeral costs, doctor visits, ambulance fees and EMT expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your IS 200t resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your IS 200t to get cheaper collision coverage.
Persistence will pay off
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When you buy Chandler auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Low-cost Lexus IS 200t insurance in Chandler is definitely available from both online companies and with local Chandler insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Chandler? (FAQ)
- How Much is Chandler Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Chandler? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)